The package and its contents
The box contained - a smartwatch (1.78″ AMOLED display), user manual, magnetic charger. The manual is clear and leaves no room for guesswork. We can find there information such as:
- How to charge your device
- QR code of the page from which you can download the application
- How to pair a device via Bluetooth in the app
- How to operate the device with gestures and the button on the side of the watch
- How to unhook the bands
- How to use the watch safely
- Warranty card and situations not covered by the warranty
It was something relatively simple, you had to choose between the primary languages English and Chinese. The next step was to bind the device to the application using a QR code. An account was required. You can set the language in the application among many options and you can choose parameters such as gender, height, weight, date of birth. The language selected in the application was installed on the device after that.
The watch offers many options for choosing a face. You have 100+ pre-made faces to choose from (you can have 6 installed simultaneously for quick selection). However, if you can’t find anything for yourself or want to try something new, you can always take the opportunity to create your own. There are several ways to do this - a photo, a short video (including gifs), computer style (one of many filters to choose from for a photo), modular infographics with the option of selecting information to be displayed on the screen (selectable summaries from various smartwatch applications that allow you to quick transition to the right application after touching) and a special face showing your current mood based on the monitored data (Beta version)
- Heart rate and blood saturation
You can measure your heart rate and see its changes during the day on the graph, the option of automatic measurements from time to time is useful for this. You do the oxygen measurement yourself. More precise data, such as the largest and smallest measurement result and a summary of information from a longer period, broken down into weeks and months, can be seen in the smartphone application. The heart rate measurement is very close to a professional measuring device.
The watch keeps you informed about your sleep. You can see how long your sleep lasted, when it was deep and light, and when you were awake (e.g. going to the toilet in the middle of the night). The app also provides you with an assessment of your sleep according to certain criteria, along with advice on how to improve it.
It gives you weather information like current temperature, UV radiation, humidity, wind speed in your city based on your GPS location. The displayed temperature most often coincides with the real temperature. There is also information about the temperature and cloudiness for the next week.
Application for managing music playback on a smartphone. Unfortunately, I was unable to use it on an OPPO smartphone with the ColorOS system.
An application that allows you to remotely take a photo with a smartphone after preparing the camera. You can choose a 2, 5 or 10 second delay.
An application that makes the phone emit a loud continuous sound. In the smartphone application, you can also search for the watch, then the device starts to vibrate. Finding a phone is easy, however the smartwatch can barely be heard during reverse search.
- Notifications from smartphone
On your smartphone, you choose from which applications notifications should come to the watch. Emoji don’t work, they are replaced by a blank symbol or a Chinese character. However, this is standard for smartwatches.
It counts your steps, calories burned and active time during the day. The values you want to achieve can be set in the application.
This smartphone app records your achievements in one of many sports to choose from. The smartwatch shows you a short summary of activities such as calories burned, movement speed, average heart rate and a few others. Details can be checked in the app. The map is missing in the summary of the activities requiring movement, it is something to fix.
A simple app to exercise your breathing.
- Alarm, Stopwatch and Timer
Three apps that work as intended.
Throughout the day, you may get reminders to drink water, to stretch if you have been stationary for a long time, and if your heart rate is abnormal. Everything can be set in the application.
I am pleasantly surprised by the number of applications and the advancement of the available options. I quickly mastered the efficient operation of these functions, which proves well-designed management. However, I was unable to use the playback management app as if it couldn’t see what was happening on the smartphone. I tried it with various music players and made sure the heyplus application was running in the background.
- Power saving mode
- Permanent screen backlight
- Application display order
- Do not disturb mode, function hours, activity-based smart turn-on
- Application layout between the list and the grid
- lntensity of vibration
- Flashlight (white display with maximum brightness)
- Display brightness levels, but even the lowest level is quite bright
- Elegant watch look
- Bright display that you can see well even on sunny days
- Large selection of faces
- Lots of useful functions
- Intuitive watch management
- Long-lasting battery, during more intensive use it consumes ~ 5% of power per day, which allows for longer breaks between charges
- The weight of the device is 37 grams, sometimes you may forget that you are wearing it
- Materials the watch is made of (good silicone strap, aluminum frame top, plastic bottom and a hard-to-scratch screen)
- Detachable strap
- Sometimes long loading of face selection in smartphone app
- Problems with managing music playback using the watch on a smartphone with ColorOS
- Problem with Google Fit data sync
- The notification on the smartphone informing about the binding of the watch is impossible to hide / disable in the application.
- There is no map in the preview of the route that you walked during the training, it is something that requires a fix.
In addition to fixing the flaws I mentioned, it would be nice to be able to design your own watch face (including time display) and share it with the community. The application could have a link to a simply designed community forum where others could advise what to do in case of a specific bug. It would be nice to add a special interaction with spotify for the music player app.
In conclusion, this is a comfortable, elegant, high-quality watch that I can wear both at work and at the gym. I would buy it for around 65$.
The final grade is 5/5