The HeyPlus Smart Watch is a great alternative to the more expensive watches in the market. With it’s customizable faces, fitness tracker, O2 and heart rate monitor and notification bar, it is easily comparable to smart watches double the price. Here are some of the best features of the HeyPlus Smart watch.
- Customizable faces: The HeyPlus smart watch app for both Android and Apple devices comes with a variety of different faces to choose from. Similar to the Apple Watch, these faces can be anything from a simple analog watch face to a modular infograph which displays the weather, time, activity tracker and heart rate. There is also an option to add your own picture which allows for countless personalization options.
- Fitness tracker: I’ve been wanting a simple, but detailed fitness tracker that not only helps me keep track of my steps, but also my calories burned and minutes I’ve been active. There is also a workout mode that tracks multiple different activities including walking, running, cycling, rowing, elliptical; both indoors and outdoors. You can input 10 different forms of activity in the watch at one time. If you want to add any more, you have to remove one of the activities though. I also didn’t see swimming as an option, which probably means the watch can’t be used in pools, but is okay to get wet (in the rain is okay for example).
- Health tracker: This is the one feature that many watches in the lower price ranges are missing. The tracker measures your heart rate in real time as well as your pulse O2. It also has a irregular heart rate feature similar to some more expensive watches that will give you an alert when your heart rate is irregular like in Afib. I’ve been very pleased with this feature and have found it to be accurate so far as I can tell.
- Notifications: This is a big one for me. I used to wear a different fitness watch and while I would get notifications or phone calls on the watch, there was no way for me to interact. While I’m still not completely able to do this with the HeyPlus watch, it’s a step in the right direction. I can ignore phone calls from my watch or mute my ringer. However, you can’t answer phone calls or make phone calls from your watch. Text messages are easy to read on the watch interface, but again, you cannot answer text messages from your watch. You can see about the first 100 characters on the watch which is enough to get a good idea of whether you need to respond immediately or if it can wait.
- Design/Accessibility: The watch is very durable and the design is simple, making it perfect for anyone. The screen is very easy to read and you can adjust the brightness quickly on the watch itself. Connecting to my Android phone via bluetooth was easy and took a minute max to connect. My issue was actually with the app itself for android as initially there was no app and I wasn’t able to download it from the play store. However, once the issue was resolved; quickly by customer service, it took literal minutes to download and connect my watch. I was able to wear and use my watch within minutes.
Overall, I’m very pleased with the HeyPlus Smart Watch. It’s a great mid-budget watch that has the features of a higher priced watch with the simplicity and design of a high quality watch. The quick response time of customer service and the various customizable features put this watch a notch above the rest. You really can’t go wrong with this smart watch.