I have the pleasure to show the Switchbot Curtain Rod 2, thanks to the tryout program.
Install in 30 seconds
Offer Switchbot App control for IOS and Android
Bluetooth range : 1.2km, with Switchbot Hub plus/mini control remotely from anywhere
Push up to 8Kg (17 pounds) of the curtain and is chargeable with solar panel
We can see the contents :
- Main body
- Hook pair Rod 2
- Type-C cable
- Beads Fixer ( beatds installed) in case you have Grommet curtains
- Clips. In case you have Tab Top curtains
Now we are going to start charging our Switchbot Rod 2
Add a plug to usb port and plug it in. Then the Rod 2 shows a led indicator charge.
In my case with Ring Top curtains I have a easy installation. I remove the first hook and pull the detached hook and attach it between the first and second ring.
Then put the main body with the other hook onto the Rod and adjust the position of the Switchbot Courtain logo faces indoor behind the curtain.
First of all download the Switchbot App from App Store or Google Play Store.
Open the Switchbot app and register for a Switchbot account.
After that scan with bluetooth new device. The App shows when it finds a bluetooth device nearby.
When you add the curtain, you have to press the button on the Switchbot Rod 2 until the led light start flashing. After ⅔ seconds you have paired the device.
Now you have to check that you put the Switchbot Rod 2 in right position and select if the curtain opens from right or left.
You need to calibrate it order to fit your fully opened and closed current curtain track.
In the end we have our Switchbot Rod 2 installed and with home section on app we can open/pause/closed our curtain. Here we have 3 options :
- Light sensing ( Opens the curtain based on the illumination level, this function is in beta fase )
- Delay ( You can set up delay for countdown action. Percentage of opening or closing.
- Shedule ( You can set up 5 shedules on board. Day, time, percentage of opening or closing and motion mode. )
Switchbot Courtain Rod 2 in action
- Easy installation ( 30 sec approx )
- Shedule ( day, time, % )
- Long batery ( 8 months aprox 100% charrge )
- Weight and materials ( It is welll built )
- The app not shows Spanish language ( For Spanish buyers)
- Takes 6.5h to fully charge battery
In conclusion, I have found a device with an easy installation, it works efficiently and I really love how the App works. I would buy it for 85€.
My final grade 5/5